COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE AND ANALYTICS
Cookies are small text information in the form of text files, sent by the server and stored on the side of the Website visitor (e.g. on the hard drive of a computer or a laptop, or on the memory card of the smartphone – depending on what device the person visiting our Website uses). Detailed information about cookies as well as the history of their creation can be found, among others, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
The Controller can process the data contained in cookie files by the visitors using the Website for the following purposes:
- customizing the content of the Website to user’s individual preferences (e.g. regarding colors, font size, page layout), and optimizing the use of Website;
- memorizing data from completed forms and surveys;
- keeping anonymous statistics showing how the Website was used;
- remarketing, i.e. examining the characteristic behavior of Website visitors through an anonymous analysis of their activities (e.g. repeated visits on specific sites, keywords, etc.) in order to create their profiles and provide them with ads tailored to their anticipated interests, even when they visit other websites in the advertising network of Google Ireland Ltd. and Facebook Ireland Ltd.
Most Internet browsers available on the market accept cookies by default. Everyone has the possibility to define the terms of using cookies using settings of their own browser. This means that you can e.g. partially reduce (for example, in terms of time) or completely disable the possibility of saving Cookies – in the latter case, however, it may affect some functionalities of the Website.
Detailed information on changing Cookies settings and their removal in the most popular web browsers are available in the help section of the following web browsers:
- in the Chrome browser
- in the Firefox browser
- in the Internet Explorer browser
- in the Opera browser
- in the Safari browser
- in the Microsoft Edge browser
On the Website, the Controller can use Google Analytics, Universal Analytics provided by Google Ireland Limited (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) and the service Yandex.Metrica provided by the company Yandex LLC (Ulitsa Lev Tolstogo 16, Moscow 119021, Russia). These services help the Controller keep statistics and analyze traffic on the Website. The collected data are processed in the framework of the above services to generate statistics that help to manage the Website and analyse traffic on the Website. These data are collective. The Controller, when using the above services on the Website, collects such data as the source and medium of acquiring Website visitors and the manner of their behavior on the Website, information on devices and browsers used to visit the Website, IP and domain, geographic data, and demographic information (age, sex) and interests.
An individual can easily block sharing of information about their activity on the Website with Google Analytics – for example, they can install the browser plug provided by Google Ireland Ltd., available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en=GB.